Still Berlin

Céline


I have never felt so conflicted about a city. Berlin hasn’t won my heart yet, not yet. I don’t know what it is about that city, I’ve already grown to like it way more than a month ago but the feeling I’ll never feel home in this city grows even more. I miss the coziness there is in Belgium, the cozy little squares where you can have a drink with your friends.




I made a pro and con list that I will share right now and here, let me know what you think and if you have any advice hit me up!


Kapitel 21 bar/gallery

Cheap eats. Oops so busy eating I didn't notice my finger on the lens! 

I have retakes at uni this week so I mainly had to study in Berlin but Sunday was my day off! And what is the first thing you do when you have a day off from studying ? Visiting a museum DUH. I went to the modern and contemporary art museum Hamburger Bahnhof. I wasn’t allowed to take pictures inside the museum… but I did, just for you!


Wrong perspective, please how is this even possible? 

Hamburger Bahnhof

The first room of the museum was dedicated to an installation of Michael Beutler. I wasn’t familiar with his work and after seeing this installation, well I have to say I’ll probably won’t be familiar with his future work. It just wasn’t for me. I think art should speak to you or at least send you some kind of emotion or whatever I don’t know. I got the feeling I was walking through stuff that a giant (because the installation is gigantic) toddler would have made. Now don’t get me wrong, it was a very impressing installation and you should definitely go check it out, it was just not my thing.

Michael Beutler, Moby Dick

Now, we're all so familiar with Andy Warhol’s screen prints that when you actually see one you’re not that much impressed. What I loved about the Hamburger Bahnhof is that they have this awesome collection of drawings by Andy Warhol. It is so refreshing and they are really cool.



Andy Warhol


Andy Warhol

Another highlight of the museum was definitely the Cy twombly room. I love Cy Twombly, his paintings are so beautiful and complete in all their randomness. I tried to take a picture of his work “Thyrsis” and was not happy with the result because I wanted to show you what I saw there. I went to look for another picture of “Thyrsis” but it still didn’t feel as if it was accurate to what I saw in that room in Hamburger Bahnhof. I guess it’s one of those you have to see in real life to be really able to appreciate it.



Cy Twombly 


Cy Twombly 

The last part of the museum was an exhibition dedicated to Black Mountain College. I have not been able to fully appreciate it, it was really noisy in there. It might sound stupid but everyone was talking so loudly and it was really getting on my nerves. There are two artists that I really wanted to share with you, Anni and Josef Albers. They seem to be the couple everyone would want to be. Their art is mainly made of geometrical patterns that are woven. I thought it was beautiful.


Annie and Josef Albers

_____

Céline


0 reacties:

Feel free to leave a comment

 

Céline

Kimberly

Meltem