Alte Nationalgalerie (Berlin)

Céline




November is near, autumns at it best, Berlin is grey again and tourists start to flock away from the German capital. YES! In other words I’ve finally got to see the Alte National Galerie without there being a queue of a few hours.

The museum was impressing and I guess if you find yourself there with your friends or boy/girlfriend and there happens to be a queue it’s totally worth it! I visited the museum on my own and wasn’t very keen on just standing there all alone for a very long time.

So about the collection, it’s amazing! It has a room dedicated to Caspar David Friedrich so I mean ye, there’s a room where you find yourself immersed in Friedrich’s work. His works are the kind of works you can only fully appreciate by seeing in real life, his colour palettes and the way he captures the light are so unique and indescribable, you just have to see for yourself.

Caspar David Friedrich

Caspar David Friedrich

Caspar David Friedrich



 Caspar David Friedrich

My second favourite room was the French impressionists room. Manet and Rodin complement each other so well. They both depict lovers but in such a different way. In Manet’s painting you see a married couple but they are pretty conservative in a way, it isn’t as passionate as Rodin’s sculpture. But both are as beautiful and intriguing.


Edouard Manet

Auguste Rodin 

Edouard Manet

So next up “The isle of the dead” by Arnold Böcklin, I don’t even… what can you say about this work except that it is just perfect in such an eerie and I-don’t-even-know-how-to-call it way.


Arnold Böcklin - Isle of the dead


And then there is Karl Friedrich Schinkel, to be honest I’m not a huge fan of his paintings (I guess I mean what is depicted on his paintings), but I am a huge fan of the artist. He is insane, the detailing in his work is crazy as is the lighting in each and every of his paintings.


 Karl Friedrich Schinkel

Karl Friedrich Schinkel

_____

Céline


0 reacties:

Feel free to leave a comment

 

Céline

Kimberly

Meltem