Three days in Paris

Kimberly
A few weeks ago I felt the need to travel, so last week I went to Paris for three days.






I only went to Paris once before and I didn't do any museums then, so there were a lot of possibilities to choose from. Before we left I decided it was best to look through some of the collections they have in various museums in Paris. The collection of Musée d'Orsay remained in my mind so we decided to go there.

As an art history student I feel a little bit of ashamed that I've never been to the Louvre, we attempted to go inside, but the queue was way too long. However, I did got an opportunity to view the interesting architecture.


Back to Musée d'Orsay, I wasn't allowed to take photos inside so I guess you have to experience it all by yourself. This might convince you to go there one day. The museum is filled with works by Jean-François Millet, Claude Monet, Paul Cézanne, Vincent Van Gogh, Paul Gauguin, Edouard Vuillard, Honoré Daumier, Gustave Caillebotte, Pierre-Auguste Renoir, and so on. If you like all these names I just gave you, you should definitely find the time and money to go and visit this museum.


Next day we visited Musée L'orangerie. A few weeks ago I saw a picture on the internet with a white, well lighted room with work by Monet hanging on the walls. Not the standard size, but the roomfilling size. Photos can't even give you the same feeling as when you actually get to stand in front of these works and look at it from a few meters. After standing there a few minutes, not noticing the other visitors, I got tears in my eyes. 

(C) RMN (Musée de l'Orangerie) / Gérard Blot / Hervé Lewandowski

On our last day we decided to visit more of the main touristy attractions. It was a rainy day so there weren't a lot of people wandering around. I'll let the photos do the talking for these. First up, le Panthéon (St. Genèvieve)






And ofcourse, le Nôtre Dame. 








We had to wait a while to get into this building. But it was worth the wait. Sainte Chapelle. 








And last but not least, we walked all the way to the top of Montmartre and got to behold Sacre Coeur. Too bad I wasn't allowed to take any photos inside. 


This post is more of a guide to give you some amazing places to visit in Paris. After seeing alot of work by great artists, I got a few ideas for some future blogposts, so stay tuned! 



It's the second time that I fell in love with Paris. 



_____

Kimberly

0 reacties:

Feel free to leave a comment

 

Céline

Kimberly

Meltem